Full Moon Party
An especially kid-friendly Ranger-led hike which may include stargazing, owls, scorpions, tarantulas, alligators, frogs, bats and more!
You've seen the Park in the daytime, now see it at night. You never know what may happen but plans include:
• spider-sniffing (maybe even tarantulas!)
• scorpions glowing under black lights
• pauraques (night birds seen nowhere else in the US except South Texas)
• alligator eyes glowing red in the night
• the features on the full moon, including the Sea of Tranquility where Apollo 11 astronauts first walked on the moon.
• creatures of the night. anything is possible including armadillos, owls, frogs, bobcats, snakes, bats...
Meet on the deck just outside the Park Store. Suitable for all ages. Free with park admission (bobcats, snakes, bats...
Meet on the deck just outside the Park Store. Suitable for all ages. Free with park admissi$5 for adults, kids 12-and-under free).